organic and low in Pesticide list: EWG's 2012 Shopper's Guide
to Pesticides in Produce
Politics: Insightful articles about the food, politics and
- Human Ancestors Were Nearly All Vegetarians:
Paleolithic diets have become all the rage, but are they getting
our ancestral diet all wrong?
- Harvard School of Public Health, The Nutrition
Source: Knowledge for Healthy Eating. Contrasts current research
against USDA propaganda.
larger food database than the USDA,
includes information on fast foods and food additives, and provides
some useful tools for analyzing your diet.
- Interactive Menu Planner: National Institutes
of Health. Select daily food and meal choices based on one day's
- Ask the
Dietitian: A wealth of classical dietary and nutrition information.
Action Healthletter: Center for Science in the Public Interest
(CSPI). Web articles since March 1996.
Council Against Health Fraud: web articles since January
Science Exchange: Gatorade Sports Science Institute.
Consumer Magazine: web articles since July 1995.
States Department of Agriculture USDA Guidelines
History Questionnaire: National Cancer Institute's comprehensive
food frequency survey. Free diet analysis
for You: recipes based on diet, taste, time, nutrition, health,
and value. Includes ADA Exchange Lists.
Fructose Corn Syrup: risks of over consumption.
- Carbs & Fat: Friends After All: debunking
the idea of not eating carbs and fats in one meal.
Inc Movie: You'll never look at dinner the same way.
Wild: Find local farmers that sell all-natural, delicious,
Lab: University of Illinois online
- Dr Di Pasquale: Audio interview suggesting
no carbohydrates in post-workout meal extends anabolic window.
- AnatomicallySpeaking.com Store: books, charts,
software, displays, and counseling tools for nutritionists.
Analysis of the scientific research on supplements and nutrition
- HMB Video Presentation: Effects of Beta-Hydroxy-Beta-Methylbutyrate
on Skeletal Muscle Size and Strength Across Varying Levels of
Age, Sex and Training Experience
USP approval on vitamins pass of quality, strength and purity.
Natural health, herbal, vitamin and nutritional supplements;
- Nova: Tale of Two Mice: 5 part video presentation
of the agouti sisters and how environmental contaminants can
cause epigenetic damage resulting in varying genetic expressions
including obesity, aging, and disease.
Front Line: Fooling with Nature
- Consumer Reports
Working Group: Letter to Office of Environmental Health Hazard
- The Pitch: Missouri biologist Frederick vom
Saal and his team exposed the dangers of bisphenol A and
earned the wrath of the plastic industry.
Working Group: Bisphenol A: Toxic Plastics Chemical in Canned
Food: BPA is at unsafe levels in one of every 10 servings of
- Scientific America: Plastic (Not) Fantastic:
Food Containers Leach a Potentially Harmful Chemical
Daily: Endocrine Disruptors In Common Plastics Linked To
BPA affects fibroblast conversion to adiposites: How plastics
contribute to our obesity epidemic
- US Today: Everywhere chemicals' in plastics
- Eco Child's Play: Canned Food and BPA
- Seattle Post Intelligencer: Are plastic bottles
Letter: Bisphenol A Concerns Survey (pdf)
- WIT eLibrary: Bisphenol A contamination of
wastepaper, cellulose and recycled paper products
Get Plastic Out Of Your Diet