- Kneel before medicine ball. Place left hand on top of ball
and right hand on floor slightly wider than shoulder width away.
Position upper body above both hands with right arm straight
and left arm bent with hand on ball. Straighten body with forefeet
back away from ball on floor shoulder width apart.
- Lower body until slight stretch is felt in shoulder or chest.
Immediately push body up rapidly. As right arm straightens and
raises above floor, rapidly roll the ball under right hand with
the left hand. Land right hand on ball while quickly placing
left hand on floor slightly wider than shoulder width. Repeat
movement with ball under right hand. Continue by alternating
- Keep hips and waist straight. As with any plyometric, insure
solid strength foundation is first achieved. Joints, particularly
shoulders should be free of biomechanical deficiencies:
- Begin by practicing shuffling ball and performing movement
with one hand. Exercise can also be performed on Bosu and/or
on knees with hips straight.
- Once this movement is mastered, try more challenging plyo
push-up variations. Forefeet can also be placed on elevated platform
to increase intensity and to vary angle of exercise.
- Scapula & Clavicle
- Spine (Thoracic, Lumbar)