- Kneel with chest or waist on exercise ball. Dive over top
and place hands on floor with arms extended down supporting upper
body. While keeping body horizontal, walk hands further away
from ball until shins are positioned on top of ball. With arms
vertical and straight, support body off of floor with body straight.
See suggested mount
onto exercise ball.
- Lower body to floor and immediately push body up as fast
as possible. As the hands leave ground, rapidly clap hands together
and place back to original position, catching body before it
- Also known as Decline Clap Push-up. Keep hips and waist straight.
As with any plyometric, ensure solid strength foundation is first
achieved. Joints, particularly shoulders should be free of biomechanical
- Begin with conditioning period with similar non-plyometric
- Increase number of repetitions or number of claps between
push-ups as ability improves. Increase height of feet by using
- Scapula & Clavicle
- Spine (Thoracic, Lumbar)