- Kneel before medicine ball. Place one hand on top of ball
and other hand on floor slightly wider than shoulder width away.
Position upper body above both hands with one arm straight on
floor and other arm bent with hand on ball. Straighten body with
forefeet back away from ball on floor shoulder width apart.
- Lower body until slight stretch is felt in shoulder or chest.
Immediately push body up rapidly. Continue to push down on medicine
ball as hand on floor leaves ground. Place hand back on floor
in original position catching body as it falls back down toward
floor. Continue and repeat.
- Keep hips and waist straight. As with any plyometric, insure
solid strength foundation is first achieved. Joints, particularly
shoulders should be free of biomechanical deficiencies:
- Begin with conditioning period of easier exercises.
- Once this movement is mastered, try more challenging plyo
push-up variations. Forefeet can also be placed on elevated platform
to increase intensity and to vary angle of exercise.
- Scapula & Clavicle
- Spine (Thoracic, Lumbar)