- Kneel before medicine ball. Place left hand on top of ball
and right hand on floor, slightly wider than shoulder width away.
Position upper body above both hands with right arm straight
and left arm bent with hand on ball. Straighten body and place
forefeet back away from ball on floor, shoulder width apart.
- Push upper body up onto ball so right hands is placed on
top side of ball next to left hand. Immediately place left hand
onto floor slightly wider than shoulder width away. Immediately
shift upper body to original side with the opposite movement.
Repeat by alternating sides.
- Start slow, gradually increasing speed throughout set. Keep
body straight throughout movement.
- Perform at moderate pace until familiar with movement. Balance
can be made less challenging by placing feet further apart. Conditioning
movements like Push-ups can be used to condition body for this
movement and more advanced plyo movements.
- Execute movement at fast pace. Elevate feet for greater intensity
or to vary angle of exercise. Balance can be made more challenging
by placing feet closer together. Also consider more advanced
plyo push-up movements.
- Scapula & Clavicle
- Spine (Thoracic, Lumbar)