|ExRx.net > Store > Nutrition > Product||
Nutrition for the Female Athlete presents a comprehensive overview of the nutritional issues that physically active women face. The DVD details the macronutrient and micronutrient needs of women athletes and offers several practical suggestions on how physically active women can effectively deal with their nutritional demands.
Among the topics covered:
- discovering whether a female athlete has a nutrition-related problem
- a paradigm for change
- eating behavior and physical consequences
- nutritional needs of female athletes
- energy balance equation
- factors that drive weight loss and the desire to be thin
- exercise and menstrual cycle disturbances
- and challenge of developing positive images for women
Produced in cooperation with the American College of Sports Medicine.