|ExRx.net > Store > Exercise Prescription > Product||
American College of Sports Medicine
Softbound (9781609139551): $41.95
Spiral bound (9781609136055): $41.95
About ACSM | Table of Contents | Companion Resources
The flagship title of the certification suite from the American College of Sports Medicine, ACSMs Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription is a handbook that delivers scientifically based standards on exercise testing and prescription to the certification candidate, the professional, and the student. The 9th edition focuses on evidence-based recommendations that reflect the latest research and clinical information. This manual is an essential resource for any health/fitness and clinical exercise professional, physician, nurse, physician assistant, physical and occupational therapist, dietician, and health care administrator. This manual gives succinct summaries of recommended procedures for exercise testing and exercise prescription in healthy and diseased patients.
- Up-to-date evidence-based guidelines for exercise testing and prescription.
- Written by the gold standard American College of Sports Medicine
- We have integrated the most recent guidelines and recommendations available from ACSM position stands and other relevant professional organizations scientific statements so that the Guidelines are the most current, primary resource for professionals that conduct exercise testing and exercise programs in academic, corporate, health/fitness, health care, and research settings.
- NEW! Supports the public health message that all people should adopt a physically active lifestyle by reducing the emphasis on the need for medical evaluation as part of the preparticipation health screening process prior to initiating a progressive exercise regimen among healthy, asymptomatic persons
- NEW! We have instituted an automated referencing system that is the beginning of an ACSM evidence based library that will become available to the membership at some time in the future.
- NEW! The introduction of the Frequency, Intensity, Time, Type Volume, or FITT-VP, principle of exercise prescription in Chapter 7. FITT boxes appear throughout the text.
- NEW! An expanded number of special populations in Chapter 10 because more information related to exercise testing, prescription, and special considerations of these new populations has become available since the publication of the eighth edition
- NEW! Addition of Chapter 11, Behavioral Theories and Strategies for Promoting Exercise, which addresses the challenges of exercise adherence
The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) is dedicated to promoting healthier lifestyles for people around the globe through scientific research, education, and the practical application of knowledge in sports medicine and exercise science. The ACSM has more than 18,000 international, national, and regional members in 80 countries who work in a wide range of medical specialties, allied health professions, and scientific disciplines. This diversity and expertise make the ACSM the largest, most-respected sports medicine and exercise science organization in the world.