- Kneel on floor with board (approximately 2 x 6 inch or 5
x 15 cm) between knees and hands so they are in contact with
board. Arms and thighs should be positioned vertically.
- Flex shoulder and extend same side hip and knee (eg: lift
left arm and left leg). Retract same side arm and leg until elbow
and knee touch. Complete two or more repetitions without contacting
- In addition to above instructions, test administrator assesses
subject's completion of movement using following criteria:
- Hand and leg must clear floor by about 6 inches (15 cm)
- Lifted wrist, elbow, and knee should remain in line with
- Torso should remain in same plane as board
- No contact is made with floor during while performing repetitions
- Indicate if subject is able to complete movement using criteria
within three attempt on both sides. Test administrator should
note pain or discomfort was experienced.
- If subject can not complete movement as described, within
three attempts, subject should attempt modified movement: diagonal
flexion and extension lift (lift and retract right arm in sync
with lifting and retracting left leg). Test results should note
if subject could not complete first movement. If subject can
not complete either movement, record fail on both movements.
- Trunk stability
- During asymmetric upper and lower extremity motions
- Sagittal and Transverse planes