- Lay on back under fixed horizontal bar. Grasp bar with shoulder
width underhand grip.
- Keeping body straight, pull body up to bar. Return until
arms are extended and shoulders are stretched forward. Repeat.
- Fixed bar should be just high enough to allow arm to fully
extend. See Gravity
Vectors for greater understanding of how body angle influences
resistance. Also known as Underhand Body Row or Underhand Supine
- Resistance can be reduced by raising bar or pivoting torso
on hips instead of heels.
- Placing back of heels on elevated surface can make exercise
slightly more challenging. This exercise is typically performed
without added resistance, although additional weight can be placed
on belly or pelvis.