- Stand facing arms length away from waist to head height horizontal
bar. Grasp bar with shoulder width underhand grip. Position body
under bar with legs, hips and spine straight. Arms should be
straight, approximately perpendicular to body. Heels should make
contact with floor with feet about perpendicular to legs.
- Keeping body straight, pull body up to bar. Return until
arms are extended and shoulders are stretched forward. Repeat.
- Bar height can be adjusted to vary resistance. See Gravity
Vectors for greater understanding of body angle influences
resistance. Also known as Underhand Body Row or Underhand Supine
- Resistance can be reduced by using higher bar or pivoting
on hips with lower bar.
- Lowering bar so body is closer to floor will make exercise