- Stand facing high pulley positioned slightly above head level.
Grasp stirrup in one hand and step back so arm is straight. With
leg of opposite side as loaded arm, plant forefoot far back on
floor. Slightly bend knee of forward leg, same direction as foot.
Allow shoulder with stirrup to be pulled forward with twist through
- Pull cable attachment to side of torso
- and rotate body toward side of pulling arm. Pull shoulder
back and push chest forward. Return until arm is extended and
shoulder is pulled forward. Repeat. Continue with opposite arm.
- In standing position, both spinal rotation and hip rotation
contribute to body's rotation. Because rear leg is only supported
by forefoot, hip of forward leg is utilized (hip internal
rotation / transverse
adduction) much greater than hip of rear leg since forward
leg offers more secure base of support.
- With the legs in opposite stance, body will be turned more
away from cable resulting in slight difference of muscle involvement
Near end of pull:
Synergist (as shown)
Synergists (opposite stance)