- Stand behind arm pad and face lever handles on opposite side.
Place one foot forward under arm pad and opposite foot back on
foot bar. Lean over arm pads and grasp
handles with slightly narrower than shoulder width underhand
grip. Squat down and position back of upper arms on arm pads.
- Raise lever handles toward shoulders. Lower handles until
arms are fully extended. Repeat.
- Position armpit to rest near top of pad. Back of upper arm
should remain on pad throughout movement. Notice that this machine
has secondary lever so elbows are not aligned with primary fulcrum.
This particular machine also features a weight pack that can
be positioned closer or further away from fulcrum thereby making
resistance easier or harder.
- Long head (lateral head) of biceps brachii is activated significantly
more than short head (medial head) of biceps brachii since short
head enters into active
insufficiency as it continues to contract. Long head of Triceps
Brachii is only significantly activated as antagonist stabilizer
when it approaches passive
insufficiency as elbow nears full flexion.
- Also see movements performed on machine
with seat and arms positioned
Stabilizers (see comments)