- Stand facing wall between two benches positioned side by
side, slightly apart, and slightly away and perpendicular to
wall. Place hands on ends of benches closest to wall. Place forefeet
on bench and kick lower body up to handstand position with arms
and legs straight. Maintain balance with lower body against wall.
- Lower head between ends of benches by bending arms. Push
body back up to original position by extending arms. Repeat.
- Benches must be secured to prevent sliding on floor. Also
each benches' base of support should be under edge of bench where
hand is placed to prevent bench toppling under body weight. Falling
from an inverted position may result in very serious injury.
Also known as Elevated Handstand Push-up.
- Resistance can be reduced by performing exercise with feet
positioned on incline bench in pike position.
- For greater challenge, perform exercise without assistance