- Sit slightly forward on bench or platform. Grasp stirrup
cable attachment with one hand. Straighten lower back upright
and slide hips back so knees are slightly bent.
- Pull stirrup out to side, elbows up shoulder height until
elbows travel slightly behind back. Allow wrist to follow elbow.
Keep upper arm horizontal, perpendicular to trunk. Return until
arm is extended and shoulder is stretched forward. Repeat.
- The relatively powerful Latissimus
Dorsi becomes involved:
- if upper arm travels closer than perpendicular to trunk
- if torso is positioned forward beyond vertical
- Elbow should be high approaching same height as shoulder.
Much lighter resistance is required as Cable
One Arm Seated Row.