- Sit slightly forward on bench or platform. Grasp cable bar
attachment with elbow width overhand grip. Straighten lower back
upright and slide hips back so knees are slightly bent.
- Pull cable attachment toward upper chest, just below kneck,
with elbows up out to sides until elbows travel slightly behind
back. Keep upper arms horizontal, perpendicular to trunk. Return
until arms are extended and shoulders are stretched forward.
- Elbow width is determined when elbows are raise at height
of shoulders out to sides. The relatively powerful Latissimus
Dorsi becomes involved:
- if upper arm travels closer than perpendicular to trunk
- if torso is positioned forward beyond vertical
- Elbows should be kept same height as shoulders when approaching
- Much lighter resistance is required as Cable