- Position thighs prone on large pad and lower legs under padded
brace. Clasp hands behind hips.
- Raise upper body until hips and waist are fully extended.
Lower body by bending hips and waist until fully flexed. Repeat.
- Adjust lower leg brace so pressure is evenly distributed
on thigh pad. Do not pause or bounce at bottom of lift. Do not
lower weight beyond mild stretch throughout hamstrings and low
back. Full range of motion will vary from person to person.
- Movement can be made easier by performing exercise on exercise
ball and somewhat easier on 45° hyperextension apperatus.
- Exercise can be made more challenging by crossing arms on
chest. See Arm
Position During Waist Exercises.