- Position toes and balls of feet on calf block with heels
and arches extending off. Place hands on support for assistance.
Lift one leg to rear by bending knee.
- Raise heel by extending ankle as high as possible, assisting
with upper body as little as possible. Lower heel by bending
ankle until calf is stretched. Repeat. Continue with opposite
- Keep knee straight throughout exercise or bend knee slightly
only during stretch. Quadriceps serve as synergists muscle if
knee is bent slightly during stretch. Clip shows use of pulling
assistance from high support. If support is lower, assist by
on support. See Calf
Exercise Analyses. Also see technique with assistance
from opposite leg.
- Resistance can be reduced by using both feet even with additional
- To make movement more difficult, use only one hand for assistance
or don't use assistance.