- Position toes and ball of foot on calf block with heels and
arches extending off. Place hand or hands on support for balance.
Raise one ankle by bending knee forward, keeping forefoot on
- Raise body upward as high as possible by extend lower ankle
while straightening knee of assisting leg. Lower heel by bending
ankle while bending knee of assisting leg forward. Repeat. Continue
with opposite leg positioning.
- Keep knee of exercised leg straight throughout exercise.
On assisting leg, keep ankle high and only assist minimal, just
enough to raise body in a steady motion. Also see technique with
assistance from upper
- Exercise can be made easier by exercising both legs simultaneously,
even with additional resistance added.
- Us no assistance to make exercise more difficult.