- Position toes and balls of feet on calf block or elevation
with heels and arches extending off. Place hand or hands on support
for balance. Lift one leg to rear by bending knee.
- Raise heel by extending ankle as high as possible. Lower
heel by bending ankle until calf is stretched. Repeat. Continue
with opposite leg.
- Keep knee straight throughout exercise or bend knee slightly
only during stretch. Quadriceps serve as synergists muscle if
knee is bent slightly during stretch.
- Resistance can be reduced by assisting raise with other leg
or pulling/pushing body upward. Movement can be perform leaning
forward over support bar. Both feet can also be used even with
- Hold dumbbell in one hand to make exercise more difficult.