- Stand with one foot on bench or elevated surface. Position
foot on elevated surface to side and forward of straight knee.
- Stand on bench by straightening leg and pushing body upward.
Step down returning foot off of bench to floor and repeat. Continue
with opposite position.
- Keep torso upright during exercise. Knee of exercised leg
should point same direction as foot. Exercise can also be performed
by placing travelling foot onto and off of bench next to foot
of exercised leg (See demo).
Park bench, picnic
table and other elevated surfaces can also be used instead
of a bench.
- Weighted versions of this exercise would normally be considered
auxiliary in context of other basic exercises (ie: Barbell Squat,
Sled Leg Press). However, in the context of 'body weight' only
program, this exercise can be considered basic.
- Besides assisting more with arm, shorter bench or step will
make this movement easier.
- For greater challenge, use taller bench or box, or do not
utilize assistance from arm.