- Stand with hand on hip height elevated surface or other tall
sturdy structure for support. Stand on one leg by wrapping leg
around back of supporting leg so top of lifted foot is on outside
of supporting leg's ankle.
- Squat down by bending knee forward and hip back behind. Keep
back straight and supporting knee pointed same direction as foot
supporting. Descend until thigh is just past parallel to floor.
Return to standing postion with minimal assistance from wrapped
leg. Stand to original position until knee and hip of supporting
leg is straight. Return and repeat. Continue with opposite leg.
- Supporting knee should point same direction as foot throughout
- The movement can be made easier by assisting more with wrapped
leg. Alternatively, Squats with both legs, Step-ups, Lunges,
Single Leg Split Squats are other easier movements.
- For greater challenge, do not assist with wrapped leg, raise
lower leg up to rear.