- Stand with feet together and hands just in front of thighs.
Lift leg slightly so foot is just off floor.
- Lower torso forward and downward while raising lifted leg
back behind. Keep back straight and knee of supporting leg slightly
bend. Keep hip and knee of lifted leg extended throughout movement.
Once stretch is felt or hands contact floor, return to original
position by raising torso while lowering lifted leg. Straighten
knee of supporting leg as torso becomes upright. Repeat.
- Throughout lift keep arms and back straight. Do not lower
weight beyond mild stretch throughout hamstrings. Full range
of motion will vary from person to person. Those with less
flexibility may need to bend knee of supporting leg more
so hands can come closer to floor. At top of movement, lifted
foot can make contact with floor to maintain balance between
- Use both legs with light resistance.
- Use additional resistance.