- Stand facing side of bench, step or platform.
- Place foot of first leg on bench. Stand on bench by extending
hip and knee of first leg and place foot of second leg on bench.
Step down with second leg by flexing hip and knee of first leg.
Return to original standing position by placing foot of first
leg to floor. Repeat first step with opposite leg alternating
first steps between legs.
- Keep torso upright during exercise. Lead knee should point
same direction as foot throughout movement. Stepping distance
from bench emphasizes Gluteus Maximus; stepping close to bench
- Using shorter bench or step will make this movement easier.
Step height shown in demonstration clip is quite low and may
be appropriate for deconditioned individuals.
- For greater challenge, use taller bench or box. Barbells
and Dumbbells can also provide additional resistance.