- Adjust padded supports and kneel upright in apparatus. Position
knees on near-upper side of padded hump, ankles between padded
supports, and feet on platform. Place arms behind back, across
chest, or bent beside head depending on desired intensity.
- Lower body until horizontal by straightening knees. Raise
body by flexing knees only allowing hips to bend slightly. Repeat.
- Advanced exercise performed on Glute Ham Raise Apparatus.
flexion of ankle reduces active
insufficiency of Gastrocnemius allowing it to assist in knee
flexion. Also see Hamstring
- Movement is easiest with hands behind hips as shown. Also
consider the Glute-Ham Raise or performing self-assisted version.
- Exercise can be made more challenging by placing arms across
chest or even harder by placing hands on head or beyond head.
Position During Waist Exercises. Exercise can also be performed
with additional weight.