- Stand facing fixed horizontal bar at neck height. Grasp bar
with wide overhand grip. Position feet forward on floor, slightly
in front of bar.
- Lower body under bar until arms and shoulders are fully extended.
If necessary, use minimal assistance of lower body to control
descent, allowing knees and hips to bend, keeping flat on floor.
Pull body up until chin is just above bar, again with minimal
assistance from legs. Repeat.
- If lower body is used for assistance, Hip
Extensors muscles are utilized. Back
extensors may be activated minimally as stabilizer through
spine. Range of motion will be compromised if grip is too
- Resistance can be reduced by pushing with legs more or using
- Standard Pull-ups or assisted Pull-ups with partner can be
performed for greater challenge.