- Stand facing fixed horizontal bar at neck height. Grasp bar
with underhand grip shoulder width. Position feet forward on
floor, slightly in front of bar.
- Lower body under bar until arms and shoulders are fully extended.
If necessary, use minimal assistance of lower body to control
descent, allowing knees and hips to bend, keeping flat on floor.
Pull body up until elbows are to sides, again with minimal assistance
from lower body. Repeat.
- If lower body is used for assistance, Hip
Extensors muscles are utilized. Back
extensors may be activated minimally as stabilizer through
- If bar is slightly higher, extend foot into floor at top
of movement. Reposition foot flat on floor on initial descent.
If foot extension is used to assist at top of movement on high
plantar flexor muscles are used.
- Resistance can be reduced by pushing with legs more or using
- Standard Underhand Chin-ups or assisted Underhand Chin-ups
with partner can be performed for greater challenge.