- Stand facing suspension handles placed at neck height. Grasp
handles and position feet forward on floor, slightly in front
- Lower body under handles until arms and shoulders are fully
extended. If necessary, use minimal assistance of lower body
to control descent, allowing knees and hips to bend, keeping
flat on floor. Pull body up until chin is just above handles,
again with minimal assistance from legs. Repeat.
- If lower body is used for assistance, Hip
Extensors muscles are utilized. Back
extensors may be activated minimally as stabilizer through
spine. Range of motion will be compromised if handles are too wide
- Resistance can be reduced by pushing more with legs.
- Performing Pull-ups by gradually relaxing legs until enough
strength is developed achieves multiple pull-ups without assistance.