- Lie on side on mat. Place forearm on mat under shoulder perpendicular
to body. Bend knees at a right angle. Place upper leg directly
on top of lower leg and straighten hips.
- Raise hips upward by lateral
flexion of spine. Lower to original position and repeat.
Repeat with opposite side.
- Exercise can also be performed isometrically, see Bent
Knee Side Plank. Gracilis
of upper leg enters into active
insufficiency with hip extended and knee flexed. Also see
- Movement can be made easier angling body up against wall
with legs straight.
- Exercise can be made more challenging with knees straight.