- Lie on side on mat. Place forearm on mat under shoulder perpendicular
to body. Bend knees at a right angle. Place upper leg directly
on top of lower leg and straighten hips.
- Raise body upward by straightening waist so hips and waist
are ridged. Hold position. Repeat with opposite side.
- Muscles are exercised isometrically.
Movement can also be performed dynamically, moving hip up and
down, see Bent Knee Side
of upper leg is in active
insufficiency with hip extended and knee flexed. Also see
- Movement can be made easier angling body up against wall
with legs straight.
- Exercise can be made more challenging with knees straight.