- Hook feet under foot bar and lie supine on incline bench
with hips bent. Cross arms on chest.
- Flex and twist waist to raise upper torso from bench to one
side. Return until back of shoulders contact padded incline board.
Repeat to opposite side alternating twists.
- If no knee support is built in to incline board, ball can
be placed under legs. Hip and knee flexors may be involved as
stabilizers if incline is steep and no calf support is used.
See Spot Reduction
- To make this movement easier, perform twisting crunches on
lower height incline or on flat surface.
- Exercise can be made more challenging by placing hands further
up toward head. See Arm
Position During Waist Exercises. Exercise can also be performed
on higher incline board or with additional weight.