- Lie upper back supine on floor or mat. With both legs together,
knees and hips bent, position outside of leg down to side. Place
one hand base on of neck or place arms across upper chest.
- Flex waist, raising upper torso off mat or floor. Return
until back of shoulders return to mat or floor. Repeat and continue
with movement in opposite position.
- Certain individuals may need to keep their neck in neutral
position with space between their chin and sternum. See Spot
- Movement can be made easier by placing arms further down,
away from head (eg: arms crossed on chest). See Arm
Position During Waist Exercises.
- Exercise can be made more challenging by placing both hands
behind lower part of neck or even more difficult by placing hands
further up on head or beyond head. Exercise can also be performed
with additional weight.
- No significant stabilizers