- Lie supine on mat with lower legs on bench. Place hands behind
neck or head.
- Flex and twist waist to raise upper torso from mat to one
side. Return until back of shoulders contact mat. Repeat to opposite
side alternating twists.
- Leg elevation keeps pelvis tilted back keeping low back on
mat. Certain individuals may need to keep their neck in neutral
position with space between their chin and sternum, particularly
with their hands are behind their heads. See Spot
- Movement can be made by crossing arms on chest.
- Exercise can be made more challenging by placing hands further
up on or beyond head. See Arm
Position During Waist Exercises. Exercise can also be performed
on incline board or with additional weight.