- Kneel on floor with bench or elevation behind body. Position
hands on floor slightly wider than shoulder width. Place feet
on bench or elevation. Raise body body in plank position with
body straight and arms extended.
- Keeping body straight, lower upper body to floor by bending
arms. To allow for full descent, pull head back slightly without
arching back. Push body up until arms are extended. Repeat.
- Range of motion will be compromised if grip is too
wide. Higher elevations will not involve sternal head of
pectoralis major. Lower elevations will target sternal head of
pectoralis major but still involve clavicular head of pectoralis
major as a synergist.
- Resistance can be reduced by using lower elevation or performing
- Placing feet on higher elevation will make this exercise
more challenging. If feet are not elevated to high, training
partner can secure weight on back. Also consider plyo push-ups
or front deltoid bodyweight exercise that also involves upper