- Kneel on two benches positioned side by side slightly apart
at end nearest head. Place hands on ends of benches. With forefeet
on opposite ends of bench, raise rear end high up with arms,
back, and knees straight.
- Lower head between ends of benches by bending arms. Push
body back up to original position by extending arms. Repeat.
- Pike Push-up (for upper chest) differs from Pike
Press (for front delts) in that feet are further away from
hands so body is less inverted in lowest position.
- Resistance can be reduced by performing exercise on bench
or apparatus with hands positioned higher than feet. Keep in
mind this specialized movement may not be necessary since upper
chest can be utilized somewhat during pushup movements.
- For greater challenge, place feet closer to hands, emphasizing