- Stand facing bench or sturdy elevated platform. Place hands
on edge of bench or platform, slightly wider than shoulder width
- Position forefoot back from bench or platform with arms and
body straight. Arms should be perpendicular to body.
- Keeping body straight, lower chest to edge of box or platform
by bending arms. Push body up until arms are extended. Repeat.
- Both upper and lower body must be keep straight throughout
movement. Height of bench or platform effects difficulty of movement.
Vectors for greater understanding of body angle influences
resistance. Also see movement
performed on horizontal bar and close
- Resistance can be reduced by performing exercise on higher
bench or elevated plateform or between narrow doorway.
- Resistance can be increased by performing movement on lower
bench or platform or performing standard push-ups.