- Grasp horizontal bar (lower than chest height) with hands
slightly wider than shoulder width. Position forefeet back from
bar with arms and body straight. Arms should be perpendicular
- Keeping body straight, lower chest to bar by bending arms.
Push body up until arms are extended. Repeat.
- Both upper and lower body must be keep straight throughout
movement. Height of bar effects difficulty of movement. See Gravity
Vectors for greater understanding of body angle influences
resistance. Also see movement
performed on edge of box or bench and close
- Resistance can be reduced by performing exercise on higher
bar or between narrow doorway.
- Resistance can be increased by lowering bar or eventually
performing standard push-ups.