- Lie prone on floor with hands slightly wider than shoulder
width. Raise body up off floor by extending arms with body straight.
- Keeping body straight, lower body to floor by bending arms.
Push body up until arms are extended. Repeat.
- Both upper and lower body must be kept straight throughout
movement. See close
grip push-up. Also see push-up
- Resistance can be reduced by performing push-ups with knees
bent on floor or placing hands on elevated horizontal bar, in
between narrow doorway, or edge of elevated surface.
- For greater challenge, elevate feet, have partner hold weight
on back, perform Chest Dips on parallel bars, or plyometric version
for more power.