- Hang from rings with wrists flexed, allowing palms to face
- Pull body upward and turn rings so knuckles face inward.
Once shoulders approach height of rings, raise legs by flexing
hips. Pull rings apart in front of shoulders while pulling elbows
behind bent wrists. Lean body forward and downward while continuing
to pull rings to sides of shoulder and elbows upward behind straightening
- Facing downward, with legs still positioned forward, push
body upward by extending arms downward. Straighten arms and position
body more vertical at top of movement.
- Lower body by bending arms until elbows are behind shoulders.
As elbows fall below wrists from behind, wrist become flexed
since palms remain facing downward. Body is lowered under rings
and arms straighten until body is hanging downward. Repeat.
Two platforms of same height can be placed to each side of
floor, allowing for easier mounting with clearance below. See
- Use momentum from kipping to assist in movement. Alternatively,
position bar lower or stand on sturdy elevation, just high enough
to perform movement.
- If added resistance is required, use a dip belt with added
weight or place dumbbell between ankles with front end positioned
on both feet.
- Shoulder Girdle