- Hang from rings with wrists flexed, allowing palms to face
downward. Swing body forward and back to gain momentum. Retract
shoulder girdle and hyperextend spine on back swing.
- On full forward upswing, swing very high, so body becomes
horizontal. As approaching highest point, quickly pull rings
toward rib cage, then pull knees and chest together, all while
keeping wrists flexed . Allow momentum and weight of lower body
to rotate body forward. As elbow rotate over straightened wrists,
allow legs to fall below body so body becomes upright.
- Push body upward by extending arms downward. Straighten arms
and extend body more vertical at top of movement.
- Dip body downward with hips slightly bent by bending arms
until elbows are behind shoulders. Allow elbows to fall below
wrists from behind, thereby flex wrist with palms remaining faced
downward. As torso falls back, extend knees slightly while slowing
descent of upper body with arms, thereby positioning body nearly
horizontal. As arms extend and further descent of upper body
stopped, allow legs to swing back under and behind body. Repeat.
Two platforms of same height can be placed to each side of
floor, allowing for easier mounting with clearance below. See
- If Kipping Muscle-up is too difficult to master, consider
self-assisted Muscle-up, whereby rings are positioned lower to
floor, just high enough to perform movement.
- Perform Suspended Muscle-up without kip as strength, power,
and technique improves.
- Shoulder Girdle