- Stand between two benches, one to each side.
- Lift leg and place foot on bench to side slightly forward
of straight knee. Stand on bench by straightening leg and pushing
body upward. Step down returning feet to original position. Repeat
with opposite leg alternating between legs.
- Keep torso upright during exercise. Stepping knee should
point same direction as foot. A modest degree of knee
rotation occurs during this movement. See Controversial
Exercises and Rotary
Force in Squat Analysis.
- Using shorter benches or steps will make this movement easier.
- For greater challenge, use taller benches or boxes. Barbells
and Dumbbells can also provide additional resistance.