- Sit on exercise ball. Walk forward on ball and lie back on
ball with shoulders and head hanging off and knees and hips bent.
Gently hyperextend back on contour of ball. Cross arms on chest.
- Flex waist to raise upper torso. Return to original position.
- Some individuals may experience low back discomfort if hips
are not bent so they must use smaller ball
size or lower their hip position on ball. See Spot
- Movement can be made easier by positioning hips low on ball
or placing arms further down to sides of waist. See Arm
Position During Waist Exercises.
- Exercise can be made more challenging by using positioning
ball lower on back and hips higher or placing hands behind neck
or beside head.
- No significant stabilizers