- Lie supine on mat with lower legs on bench. Cross wrists
- Flex waist to raise upper torso from mat. Keep low back on
mat and raise torso up as high as possible. Return until back
of shoulders contact mat. Repeat.
- Leg elevation keeps pelvis tilted back, keeping low back
on mat. See Spot
- Movement can be made easier by placing arms further down
away from head or extended up above knees. Deconditioned individuals
can start on slightly declined board.
- Exercise can be made more challenging by placing hands further
up toward head. See Arm
Position During Waist Exercises. Exercise can also be performed
on incline board or with additional weight.
- No significant stabilizers