- Lie prone on mat. Place forearms on mat, elbows under shoulders.
Place legs together with forefeet on floor.
- Raise body upward by straightening body in straight line.
- Muscles are exercised isometrically.
Exercise can also be performed with straight supporting arms
in pushup stance. Also see Spot
- Movement can be made easier angling body up on elevated platform
or bench. Exercise can also be performed on bent knees instead
- Exercise could be made more challenging with added weight
(eg: sandbags, partner) on hips or low back, although it is rarely
performed in that manner. Raising one foot up off floor can also
make holding this position more difficult. Stability
Ball Rollout requires more shoulder strength.