- Stand below ab straps hanging from high bar. Place upper
arms in straps and grasp straps above.
- Raise legs by flexing hips and knees until hips are fully
flexed. Continue to raise knees toward shoulders by flexing waist.
Return until waist, hips, and knees are extended downward. Repeat.
- Exercise can be performed without ab straps just by hanging
from bar. Rectus Abdominis and Obliques only dynamically
contract if actual waist flexion occurs. With no waist flexion,
Rectus Abdominis and External Oblique will only isometrically
contract to stabilize pelvis and waist during hip flexion.
It may be necessary to completely flex hips before waist flexion
is possible. See Spot
Reduction Myth and Lower
- Lie on flat surface or incline to make this exercise less
- Exercise can be performed with added weight to increase intensity.