- Position heels on forward edge of calf block or platform.
Grasp support with other hand for balance.
- Pull forefoot of both feet up toward body as far as possible.
Return by extending feet until toes are pointed downward. Repeat.
- Keep knees and hips straight throughout exercise. See Dorsal
Flexor Calf Exercise Analyses.
- Resistance can be reduced positioning heels further onto
calf block or platform.
- The exercise can be made more difficult by positioning heels
closer to edge of platform or using only one foot. Dumbbell can
also be held in one hand.