- Lie prone on floor with hands under shoulders or slightly
narrower. Position body up off floor with extended arms and body
- Keeping body straight, lower body to floor by bending arms.
Push body up until arms are extended. Repeat.
- Both upper and lower body must be kept straight throughout
movement. Forefeet can remain on floor as long as body is pivoting
on knees. Also see close
grip variation and wider
grip push-ups on knees.
- Resistance can be reduced by placing hands on horizontal
bar or edge of elevated surface (knee to chest high).
- For greater challenge perform Close Grip Push-ups.