- Stand between ends of two benches. Place hands on ends of
benches with fingers off end of benches. Grip should be somewhat
Position feet out in front with legs straight, heels on floor,
and torso upright.
- Lower body by bending arms, allowing elbows to point back.
When slight stretch is felt in chest or shoulders, push body
up until arms are straight. Repeat.
- In above clip, hands are positioned at ends of main segments
of benches with fingers between gaps. On standard benches, hands
should be placed near ends of benches. Perform on higher benches
if slight stretch is not felt. Also see Bench
Dip and Chest
Dip (between benches).
- Bend knees to decrease difficulty.
- Intensity can be added by (a) placing heels on third adjacent
bench, (b) placing weight on lap, or (c) performing Triceps Dips
on parallel or dip bars.