- Choose a program using Weight
Training Workout Template.
- Beginner, resuming from layoff, or little time to exercise
- Intermediate or off-season advanced
- Advanced or competitive
- Sports Conditioning
- Program Selection
- Choose one template from the options listed.
- Consider changing this program occasionally for variety in
a month or two.
- You may find a favorite and change only occasionally thereafter.
- Certain programs may allow you to concentrate on particular
muscle groups more than other programs.
- Click on muscle group within workout templates above
- Regular muscle: pick one exercise for this muscle
- Italic muscle exercise is optional
- The optional exercises may be for a miscellaneous muscle
group or may be a second exercise for a muscle group previously
exercised directly or indirectly in the same program
- Pick optional exercise only if muscle is under par in comparison
to the development, strength, or endurance of other muscle groups.
- See low volume training
- In the case of a miscellaneous muscle group, the optional
muscle group in question may be already exercised indirectly
from another exercise elsewhere in the program.
- See muscle analysis under each exercise
- Choose just one exercise for lower back to avoid over-use
- See lower back for selecting complimentary
- If desired: add any miscellaneous body parts that are not
- Choose workout log option