ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:25 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I would like to start by saying, yes i have read the pinned post.
Yes, i have been to doctors and surgeons, 3 different in fact, one of them was a specialized in sports injuries.
I have gotten 3 kenalog injections and have been on antibiotics and painkillers for almost 2 months.
I am in line for 4th doctor in hopes to finally get over this injury.
I have also taken off training for as long as the treatment has been going on.
I don't even do cardio.

The injury, according to the doctors is my teres major but half my back hurts. The doctors just say, oh you got some cold
or oh you over-trained (which does sound like me). Apparently it is just a regular inflammation, but shouldn't antibiotics (for almost 2 months) take care of it?

My question is ,since my English is not very awesome in a specialized area like this, do you have any suggestions what i could look into
so i can beg my next doctor to look further into it instead of just getting another injection that does nothing.

I am so sick of the tablets and the side effects so i want to be prepared for the next time.

Turning to this forum is the last thing i was planning to do, but the doctors just don't listen to me and everyone around me
are saying that this just ain't right.
I just feel like people in here have lived through all kinds of things and can share their experience.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:23 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Well, I tried to understand what you are saying but failed to do so. Can please repeat your query in short and simple way so may I could help you.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:41 pm 
former lurker

All of the doctors aren't listening to you? That sounds like a problem in itself to me.

Medicine is definitely a business, but if that one doctor that you're going to is not doing the job then I'd suggest going to a different one immediately. If antibiotics and injections haven't fixed the issue for 2 months you're looking at something much deeper, potentially serious in the long term if you don't take care of it as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:59 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Alexa1994 wrote:
Well, I tried to understand what you are saying but failed to do so. Can please repeat your query in short and simple way so may I could help you.

Half my upper back is in pain. They diagnosed it, by touching that it was simple inflammation from overtraining. I took 3 shots of kenalog, once every 2 week. Been on painkillers and antibiotics ever since the whole problem started last year. I want to be as prepared as possible when i'm going to see a new doctor, so i can finally get back to my life.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:03 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

So i finally found out what was wrong. After all these months i decided to say "f the doctors" and went to a physical therapist. He quickly found out that a muscle had pretty much withered to nothing in my back because of a pinched nerve and that is why i had this pain. Simple exercises and stretching and i am pain free first time in half a year.

The moral of the story is, stretch and don't forget the little muscles in your body.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:52 am 
n00b
n00b

Quote:
Half my upper back is in pain. They diagnosed it, by touching that it was simple inflammation from overtraining. I took 3 shots of kenalog, once every 2 week. Been on painkillers and antibiotics ever since the whole problem started last year. I want to be as prepared as possible when i'm going to see a new doctor, so i can finally get back to my life

I have a nerve root impingement in my lower back and all the inversion table did for me was temporarily get rid of the pain, it never actually fixed the problem.
I would you suggest pay attention on a mattress. I opted for the Lessa and still on the 100 day warranty. I like it much better than my old box spring mattress. It’s pretty firm and relieves my back pain but if I sleep too long on it (7 hrs) then the back pain starts. I don’t know if it’s the mattress (firm) and I do want to try the Casper (less firm) based on several reviews but then feel bad to have to return the Leesa and then regret it later and then reorder it again