Select sex and enter information in left column. Click "Calculate". Evaluates upper body muscular endurance for adults.
Subject performs as many repetitions as possible without pausing. Subject should be encouraged to perform one or two trial repetitions before test.
- Elbows fully extended
- Male subject (See animation)
- forefoot or toes on floor
- legs, hips, and back straight
- tester places upright fist below chest of male subject
- contact with testers fist
- Female subject (See animations)
- knees on floor or mat
- hips and back straight
- tester gives verbal feedback to female subject on depth of push-up
- shoulders should be lowered to height of elbow or lower
The newer Push up calculator is available with newer norms and a broader age range. This older Push-up calculator is scheduled for removal in 2008.
Pollock ML, Wilmore JH, Fox SM: Health and Fitness through Physical Activity. New York John Wiley & Sons, 1978.